Remember that the thumb is not always clean and this means healthy complications for the child. Younger children have a flexible jawline and this habit can lead to remodelling of the jawbone. Now click here to learn more about the health problems that arise from thumb sucking.
Image Source: Google
Read more about how to easily quit thumb sucking:
1. Try to stop thumb sucking when permanent teeth are born to children, who are usually around 4 to 6 years old.
2. Talk to your child a little and explain how they can work together to end the habit. To encourage a child, parents can recognize effort, reward progress, and provide quality care if the child does not suck thumbs.
3. As a parent, you should take steps in the form of quality medical advice to prevent your child from developing the thumb-sucking habit.
4. Try to find the cause of the habit. Maybe he did it because he was cheered up or because he was nervous. Try to get rid of the cause by spending time with your child.
5. Do not be disappointed or angry with your child when he sucks his thumb, as this tends to make his habit worse.
6. Provide substitutes and keep them busy (balls or snacks).
By following these tips, you can keep your child from thumb sucking.